Ponytails And Pajamas

stories of a stay-at-home mom

JAMBERRY | application.

One of the biggest intimidations for people when ordering Jamberry nail wraps is the application.  I get it.  I was there with you once.  It too kept me from ordering a sample for far too long. 

Trust me when I tell you this, it really is easy to apply!  After you get past your first application, it gets easier and easier. And when compared to putting on polish...... well there really is no comparison.  Jamberry wins, hands down.

Typically I get about 10-13 days out of my nail wraps.  Honestly, I could probably get two weeks or longer if my nails didn't grow so fast.  I end up switching mine out just shy of two weeks mostly because of my cuticle growth, not because the wraps are no longer adhering.  

There are lots of YouTube videos out there that you can watch that give you helpful tips/tricks for applying.  I have watched several myself and have learned new things from many of them.  However, even that can get overwhelming, so I wanted to post a quick picture tutorial for how I apply my nails and what works for me.

PREP:
Nail prep is very very important for the longevity of your wraps.  Prior to placing any nail wraps on your fingers, you will need to push back your cuticles, wash your hands with Dawn (or generic) soap, and use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide on your nails.  Once you have done those things you are now ready to begin.  
 
STEP ONE:
Place a piece of tape on your nail and with a pen, trace around your nail bed.  This will help in personalizing the nail wraps to your own nail shape and will give you a better end product. 



STEP TWO:
Find the wrap that best fits your nail, and place the tape on the back of the wrap.  



STEP THREE:
Using scissors, cut out the wrap.  Keep in mind, each wrap is for two fingers.  So you will want to cut this wrap in half down the middle as well.



STEP FOUR:
Peel off the back of the wrap.  Using a cuticle pusher or tweezers, pick up the nail without touching the adhesive with your fingers.  Any oil from your fingers could jeopardize the adhesion to your nails.



STEP FIVE:
Using a heat source, heat up the adhesive on your wrap.  I use the Jamberry heater (and love it because it is hands free!) but you can use a blow dryer, rice bag, or other heat source.  You will know when the wrap is ready to be placed on your nail when the wrap begins to curl a little.



STEP SIX:
Place the wrap as close to the bottom of your nail bed as you can without touching your skin.  If the nail wrap is on your skin, pick it back up and move it until it is no longer touching the skin.  Make sure you only touch the very tip of the wrap as this part will be filed off in a later step. 



STEP SEVEN:
Once your wrap is lined up where you want it, press down in the center.  Then continue pressing down around the edges of your nail with firm pressure.


STEP EIGHT:
With your rubber cuticle pusher, orange stick, or even the back of your tweezers, smooth out all areas of your nail. 



STEP NINE:
This step is very important to help remove any bubbles at the tip of your nail as well as to create a good seal.  Pull and stretch on the excess wrap that is hanging off the edge of your nail until you are satsified with how the wrap is laying on your nail bed.



STEP TEN:
Now you will need to apply heat again.  I typically hold my finger in front of the heat source for about 5-7 seconds.




STEP ELEVEN:
Take the nail away from the heat source and push down on your nail again with your finger or cuticle pusher/orange stick/tweezer/etc.  Really pay attention to the edges of your nail. 


STEP TWELVE:
With a nail file, file off the excess wrap.  You will want to keep your file at a 90 degree angle to your nail and use a repeated downward motion.  You will see the wrap start to peel away from your nail.  (Note: you can also use nail clippers to clip away the excess).  To remove the corners, you may have to file at an angle.  


That is it!  You are done!  One nail takes me about 2-3 minutes to do.  Mostly because I add time by using the tape at the beginning.  All together, I can do an entire set in about 25 minutes... and I am getting faster each time I do it.

The best part?  ZERO drying time.  Once the nail is on, you can load the dishwasher, take a shower, fold laundry, head out the door, whatever it is you need to do.  I rarely get to do an entire set uninterrupted, so for me, Jamberry means that I can do one or two nails at a time and then take care of my kiddos right away if needed. 


I'll be posting my removal process soon... but here is a sneak peak.  I can remove all ten nails in less than two minutes without doing any damage (the picture below is directly after I removed the wraps from my hands).  Lovely!! 


Let me know if you have any questions with your application.  And as always, feel free to shop away my friends!  Jamberry has 300+ designs to choose from so there is something for everyone!   


Share this:

ABOUTME

My given name is Rachel although the name I am called more than any other these days is Momma. Recently, my husband, Jonathan, and I decided to put my teaching career on pause to stay at home and focus on our two children. This is our journey.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment