Ponytails And Pajamas

stories of a stay-at-home mom

toddler school.

I think there are a few professions that are hard to quit and truly quit.  Being the daughter of a preacher, I can confidently say preaching is one of them.  Even after retirement, not many preachers really stop preaching.  I've heard the joke many times, that so and so will "die in the pulpit."  There is much truth in those words. While let's pray that they don't actually DIE in the pulpit (can you imagine how awful that would be?!) the sentiment is true.  Preachers don't know how to not preach, so they do... until those last days.  My dad is quickly approaching those "golden years" and we all know that he will never be the type to just sit at home day in and day out.  I see him on the road often, preaching revivals, filling in where needed, and using his God given talent of writing.

Teaching is also a profession that I don't think one is ever truly capable of walking away from completely.  It is hard to believe it has been a whole year since I closed the door of my Kindergarten classroom and drove home with fresh tears in my eyes to start my new journey as a stay at home mom.  Honestly... it took me almost a whole year to miss it.  And yet, that yearning to teach has returned in full force.


Best solution to this problem?  Why teach, of course!  Thankfully I have these things in my home called CHILDREN.  And they don't have an option but to endure the things their momma forces upon them. So.... Toddler School... here we go!


I will be posting about our journey here.  I will try to stay on top of posting each week so that if any of you want to join us, you will have the resources here to do so.


But before I begin, I need to tell you about a book that I will be using all throughout our Toddler School.  I am a HUGE fan of this book and highly highly recommend that you purchase it.  


The book is called 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids by Asia Citro.  It has EASY to follow recipes and activities to do with your kids that do not involve any screen time.  While TV and educational shows do have their place, we know that creativity and learning happen best without it. 






I will be referencing this book often but will not be sharing the recipes that she uses (because I want you to buy her book! ha!).  While you can definitely search for your own recipes (or use store bought products), this book is essentially "Pinterest in Book Form" and I highly recommend purchasing it to have on hand for your own use.  You won't regret it!

Toddler School began this week in our home, so expect a post next week about how it went and what it entailed.  Can't wait to share this journey with you all!  

Cheers to LEARNING!

Share this:

ABOUTME

My given name is Rachel although the name I am called more than any other these days is Momma. Recently, my husband, Jonathan, and I decided to put my teaching career on pause to stay at home and focus on our two children. This is our journey.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment